Prospectus.com’s research and writing team is recognized as a world leader in feasibility study preparation. Consisting of lifelong entrepreneurs, lawyers, consultants and business plan writers, our team is dedicated to the success of our clients’ goal. We have assisted hundreds of companies in writing their feasibility studies and preparing vital reports for a business’s initial launch. From real estate to hi tech to economic development to refineries of all kinds, there is not an aspect of the feasibility study process that our staff is not intimately knowledgeable about.
A feasibility study is conducted prior to a project’s undertaking such as a real estate development project. Principals of companies and their investors want to ensure that any given project they plan on developing is actually “feasible”, and preparing a study showing this feasibility is the main point of writing such a report (which of course will help save needed capital and time in the long run). A feasibility study includes such vital information and data as the funding needs to complete the project, the market opportunity, government regulations, risk factors, strength and weaknesses, the management team and the financials of the company. While a feasibility study somewhat sounds like a business plan, such reports tend to be many times longer with more details on the market and financials.
Prospectus.com’s team is respected for its keen insights into any given market, and our straight forward assessment regarding a projects viability. We work one-on-one with our clients to ensure that each project is specifically tailored to the company’s needs.
Real Estate Feasibility Studies
While a good portion of our feasibility work revolves around product development and launch, we are often tasked with real estate feasibility work that is both broad and specific. Due to the volume of studies we undertake, our team at Prospectus is a recognized firm in the real estate facility report space. We assist companies from single family homes, to large developments, spanning not just the US and Canada, but many countries as well. Here are some features we undertake in the real estate feasibility analysis.
- Site Analysis and Land Survey
- In order to determine if the property you are wanting to develop is suitable for your business, we will conduct a land survey and site analysis to determine some the following features:
- Accessibility – how accessible is the location of the project for patrons or buyers
- Zoning – can the land be zoned for your project’s needs
- Traffic and Transportation – is there adequate roads, what is the traffic conditions in the general vicinity
- Demographics – what is the median income of the area, labor force
- Economic Impact – what, if any, will your project contribute to the general economy of the area
- Supply and Demand – is there a demand for your services, and if so is there over supply
- Tax Implication – what are the tax issues of the land
Once this feasibility information is gathered and analyzed, we can determine if the proposed location for development is suitable. If the property and area do not look promising, we can then look elsewhere for a parcel of land that will meet the needs of development and the business plan.
Numbers – Real Estate Feasibility Approaches
Since our firm has conducted feasibility studies for all types of real estate projects, from commercial buildings to residential houses and condos, as well as our networking with scores of construction companies, land developers and lenders, our insight into the feasibility study universe is unique. We can create precision financials based on facts on the ground. Here is a synopsis of more of our feasibility analysis services.
Prospectus.com assists with the research and writing of feasibility studies for the overall residential market. This includes such analyses as single-family homes, apartments, condominiums, and town houses. In addition to the most common types of developments, we also prepare such reports for university and college housing, assisting living, for seniors and others in need. Our team of consultants, lawyers and engineers work with government agencies across the spectrum, from both city and county officials. Further, a residential development also requires relationships with banks and lenders, such as mortgage companies, construction and development companies, and sometimes non-profit organization that work in the real estate space. Here is an abbreviated list of our residential real estate services:
- Single-Family Homes
- Senior and Assisted Living
- Multi-family, Student Housing
- Mixed-Use Development
- And More
Commercial Real Estate Services
Our team at Prospectus assists with commercial real estate projects of all sizes. Our services range from the ‘simple’ steps of the development of creating a business plan, all the way to the feasibility study, and the writing of a prospectus or private placement memorandum (offering memorandum) to raise capital for the real estate project. Our services as it directly relates to commercial real estate feasibility studies includes assisting with general construction and development of buildings, office parks, skyscrapers, hospitality such as a hotel or a resort or even a casino, restaurants, retail centers such as shopping malls, and more. A feasibility study is certainly mandated for such large projects as the analysis itself can save needed time and capital, long-term, and will allow the principals to determine if they should even move forward with a multi-million-dollar project.
Features of a commercial real estate feasibility study would incorporate such information as the landscape of the overall project, other properties in the area, comps, rent prices, leasing information, vacancy rates, demographics of the target market, population surveys, and more. Here is an abbreviated list of our real estate commercial real estate services:
- Retail Space
- Office Buildings and Parks
- Industrial Projects, Refineries
- Hospitality, Hotels, Resorts, Casinos
- Museums, Conference Centers
- Mixed Use Development
- And More
Read more here on our real estate feasibility reports.
Real Estate Consulting Services
Prospectus.com can assist with virtually any real estate feasibility study analysis or just assist with a general real estate project, no matter the location. We have teams and relationships in most states in the US and in a plethora of countries, allowing us to service our clients in more suitable and affordable method.
In addition to the commercial and residential services noted above, we also assist with general real estate consulting. Each aspect of the feasibility study – and there are many – can be broken into separate studies and sections, and act as a standalone guide for that particular need. Whether you require an entire feasibility study or just a portion, or need help with just one aspect, we can help. Here is an abbreviated list of our real estate consulting services.
- Assistance with Development Location and Project Site Decision
- Market Analysis of the Project’s Location
- Competitive Analysis of Existing or Similar Developments
- Site and Location Analysis
- Neighborhood Survey, Traffic, Demographics, Income, etc.
- Surveys of the Land
- Project Concept Development
- Financial Projections, Budgets,
- Marketing Strategies Development
There are many variations as well for real estate feasibility studies and one size do not, in fact, fit all. CONTACT US for free consultation.
Why Write a Real Estate Feasibility Study?
Writing a professional real estate development feasibility study is good business practice, especially for companies that are planning on raising many millions of dollars and want to have the knowledge readily available to make an educated decision about a projects viability. Real estate deals such as condo or hotel or resort developments (and of course others) have many moving parts and its good to know all variables and risks of a given project. By creating such a feasibility study for real estate you will be able to navigate potential pitfalls during development and save needed capital in the process, as well as possibly discover new opportunities in the market.
What We Do
Our team at Prospectus.com has worldwide experience in writing real estate feasibility studies. Here is a partial list of our process. We have used a real estate project as an example. Numerous features are missing but the general idea can be conveyed as follows:
- Initial analysis of your project
- Recommendation on next course of action
- Undertake the project
Information assessment and collection
- Initial analysis of the proposed development area, including the initial demographics
- Conduct land or site review
- Proposed construction and development costs
- Demographic analysis of proposed area
- Neighborhood analysis
- Demographic comparison
- Municipal incentives
- National market overview
- Analysis of similar project or developments
- Regional market analysis
- Competitive market analysis
- Competitive advantages of project or location
- Disadvantages of project or location
- Projected overall market
- Pricing analysis
- Purchases or occupancy
- Interviews if needed
- Financial analysis
- Third party team, i.e. law firm, accountant etc.
Financial Statements and Projections
- Pro forma
- Balance sheet
- Income statement
- Profit and loss
Appendixes and Addendum
Once complete we will then send the draft version of the feasibility study for review and comments.
Various Types of Feasibility Study Reports
Prospectus.com’s team can assist with any of the noted feasibility studies below as well. Each separate study has its own features but there are more similarities among them than there are differences.
4 Main Feasibility Studies
- Real Estate Feasibility for Real Estate – This is the most common feasibility study that we at Prospectus.com write. As you can see from the already noted information, a real estate report can encompass many different aspects depending on the type of study needed. Real estate feasibility reports include such features as the land survey, building permits, zoning laws, impact on the surrounding environment and natural habits, traffic issues and general impact on businesses in the area as well as the overall market opportunity. Housing developments such as condos, single family homes and apartments, or larger projects such as hotels or buildings or sky scrapers often create real estate feasibility studies before land acquisition and development.
- Comprehensive Feasibility– A comprehensive feasibility study is an all-inclusive report that takes into consideration some of the most rational business practices one should implement before undertaking any project. The comprehensive feasibility includes data on land acquisitions and real estate issues, economic and cultural impact on the greater surrounding areas, and more. Such comprehensive studies can be found in our business plan features (if a client wants a very long and detailed analysis). The comprehensive feasibility study is also referenced in the real estate feasibility study (see above) and together with the real estate report is the most popular feasibility study we offer.
- Financial Economic Feasibility– An economic feasibility study is conducted when a company wants to know if the proposed amount of capital and financing is sufficient to complete a project successfully. While a business plan may have a section called the “CBA” or cost-benefit-analysis, in an economic feasibility study it will be greater in detail and have more statistics and numbers in the financials.
- Marketing Feasibility– The marketing feasibility studies the market impact and penetration, such as the demographics, target market, product testing and more. Prior to launching a project into the market, whether in a local, regional, national or global environment, a viable study on the market is imperative.
Additional Feasibility Studies
Our firm has also written and assisted with the following additional (not as popular) feasibility reports, including:
Technical Feasibility– If a company has the technological know how and resources to achieve its goals.
- Schedule Feasibility-Is there enough time and resources to complete the project on time?
- Cultural Feasibility-Local and greater cultural and societal impact.
- Legal and Ethical Feasibility– Are there ethical and legal implications of a project and if so what are they?
- Resource Feasibility-What resources are needed and is that enough to complete the project successfully?
- Operational Feasibility– can your firm solve difficulties and maximize potential opportunities during the development.
Start to Finish
Prospectus.com is a one-stop company for all your feasibility study, prospectus, business plan or offering document needs. Our team has been involved in literally thousands of projects. We have set the bar high for feasibility study performance, taking into consideration time constraints and budgets. We pride ourselves on offering superior service – not just on a local or national level but on a global scale – at a fraction of the cost of our competitors and usually twice as fast. We give our clients the tools they need to make an educated decision about the business opportunity at hand by producing a market driven, financially conscience feasibility study. The success of our clients is the number goal of our company.
Feel free to reach out to us any time for a free consultation for your real estate construction feasibility study.
- Prospectus Writing
- Feasibility Study
- Real Estate Market Feasibility Study
- Site Feasibility and Market Analysis
- Market Feasibility Study
- Financial Feasibility Study
- IPO Stock Exchange Listing
- Bond Offerings
- Hedge Funds and Mutual Funds
- Offering Memorandum
- Private Placement Memorandum
- Offering Circular
- Explanatory Memorandum
- Information Memorandum
- Fund Setup Formation
- Securities Identifiers
- Registration and Filing
- Legal Work
- Escrow Services
- Business Plans
Real Estate Feasibility Study