Marketing technology, or martech, is the use of digital technologies to market products, often on the Internet, but also through other media such as displays and mobile phones. The martech umbrella encompasses a wide range of marketing techniques, from social sites to email to website analytics, and much more. All have the goal of shortening sales cycles and reducing barriers to sales. Many martech enterprises are innovative and disruptive, hence how to raise money for a martech company requires properly framing your distinctive value proposition when engaging with accredited investors. Here are six of the hottest martech trends:
- Cross-device tracking: It’s a fact that marketing is more effective if it is personalized – that is, incorporates a consumer’s past behavior when targeting ads on digital media. A study found that 71 percent of consumer like having ads customized for their shopping habits and interests. Items such as previous sales, searches, email, etc., help marketers shape individual messages to consumers, but the task is made more difficult by the fragmentation of consumer attention across different devices (i.e., laptops, tablets, smartphones, e-wallets, smart watches, exercise trackers, etc.). Cross-device activity tracking helps integrate the data marketers need for sophisticated personalization, and is the type of service offered by marketing companies like Velocity Worldwide.
- Artificial intelligence: As AI becomes increasingly sophisticated, it is become ubiquitous in extending the possibilities of martech. For example, chatbots armed with AI offer improved customer service. Voice and image recognition can speed searches, and AI-fortified recommendation engines can help online sellers personalize product recommendations. Amazon uses AI to ferret out fake reviews that compromise the value of this marketing channel. AI is limited only by the imagination of marketers.
- Density of solutions: With so many possible martech solutions on the horizon, the field is becoming increasingly crowded with solution providers. Some will offer all-in-one suites while others will provide point solutions, and the latter appear ascendant. The upside is that marketers will be able to access larger toolboxes to find the best solutions for their applications. But the worry is that marketers will be inundated with competing solutions, leading to confusion and malaise. The best solution providers will find ways to break through the noise and demonstrate how their products provide richer solutions.
- Social marketing tools: The demand for social marketing tools accelerated in 2017. Popular tools are available that include manage social medial campaigns, provide customer relationship management, create visual content, aggregate content and shorten URLs. New tools are appearing daily for the popular social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat.
- Convergence: Martech and advertising technology (adtech) continue on the path of convergence, facilitated by an integration layer known as the data-management platform. Shared functions include segmentation, cookie syncing and distribution. New areas of convergence include tag management, creative content coordinated between ad units and websites, and cross-channel customer-nurturing workflows.
- Emails: The battle continues to keep a marketer’s emails out of the recipient’s spam folder. Tools using automation and triggering are available to help get customers the information they want. Email remains the most personal one-to-one connection, and its importance cannot be overstated.
Prospectus.com is a leading provider of prospectus and offering memorandum writing services. We help startups across martech, adtech, fintech, medtech and insuretech silos raise money by providing the documentation required by investors and regulators. Our services are equally suited to established companies seeking additional capital. We can arrange capital introductions, create private placement/offering memoranda, help you develop your business plan, and much more.
How To Raise Money for Martech Company