The first week of August 2017 was chock full of successfully-completed private placement offerings across a broad spectrum of sectors, from industrial product startups to medical device firms, to disruptive technology companies encompassing fintech, AI, insurtech, and adtech entrepreneurs.
- Fanatics, a Jacksonville, Fla.-based online sports retail company, raised $1 billion in funding from Softbank at a $4.5 billion valuation, according to The Wall Street Journal. Read more.
- Valiant Midstream, an Oklahoma City, Okla.-based provider of midstream energy services, raised $150 million in funding from Tailwater Capital.
- Appboy, a New York-based mobile marketing CRM and automation software platform, raised $50 million in Series D funding. Iconiq Capital led the round. Read more at Fortune.
- Oryx Vision, an Israel-based developer of depth-sensing solutions for autonomous vehicles, raised $50 million in Series B funding. Third Point Ventures and WRV led the round, and were joined by investors including Union Tech Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Maniv Mobility and Trucks VC.
- Signals Analytics, a New York City-based provider of insights for global brands, raised $25 million in Series C funding. Pitango Growth led the round, and was joined by investors including Sequoia Capital and Qumra Capital.
- Super Evil Megacorp, a San Mateo, Calif.-based game developer, raised $19 million in funding. The investors were not named.
- Guideline, a Burlingame, Calif.-based online 401(k) planning platform, raised $15 million in funding, according to TechCrunch. Felicis Ventures led the round. Read more.
- Socure, a New York-based provider of digital identity verification technology, raised $13.9 million in Series B funding. Commerce Ventures led the round, and was joined by investors including Synchrony Financial, Flint Capital, Workbench, Santander InnoVentures and Two Sigma Ventures.
- Jetty, a New York-based rental insurance startup, raised $11.5 million in Series A funding. Valar Ventures led the round, and was joined by investors including Ribbit Capital, SV Angel, BoxGroup and Red Swan.
- Evergage, a Somerville, Mass.-based real-time personalization platform, raised $10 million in Series C funding. Arrowroot Capital led the round, and was joined by investors including G20 Ventures and PJC.
- Here Be Dragons, a Los Angeles-based immersive production studio focused on virtual reality content, raised $10 million in Series A funding, according to TechCrunch. Discovery Communications led the round. Read more.
- Pro.com, a Seattle-based pricing engine for home projects, raised $10 million in funding. DFJ led the round, and was joined by investors including Maveron, Madrona Venture Group and Two Sigma Ventures.
- Kyndi, a Redwood City, Calif.-based developer of artificial intelligence products and solutions, raised $8.5 million in Series B funding. Investors include PivotNorth Capital, Darling Ventures and Citrix Systems.
- Altaeros, a Boston-based developer of autonomous aerostats, raised $7.5 million in funding from SoftBank Group, according to TechCrunch. Read more.
- Buoy, a Boston-based software developer that analyzes medical symptoms, raised $6.7 million in Series A funding. Investors include F-Prime Capital Partners and FundRx.
- Converseon, a New York City-based provider of customer intelligence technologies and consulting, raised $5 million in Series A funding. The investors were not named.
- Symphony Ventures, a U.K.-based services firm focused on robotic process automation and intelligent automation, raised $4.5 million in Series A funding from Livingbridge.
- Funraise, a Long Beach, Calif.-based fundraising platform for nonprofits, raised over $3 million in seed funding. Toba Capital led the round.
Prospectus.com team of capital markets experts and securities lawyers specialize in the full range of private placement offerings. We have consulted on projects across the United States and throughout the globe. The Prospectus.com team specializes in creating business plans, preliminary offering prospectus, secondary offering prospectus and full menu of financial offering memorandum document preparation. Contact us Today!